2-3 pounds of brats or Italian sausages
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
1 large sweet onion
1 8 oz. container of fresh mushrooms
1 cup of water
1 package of sausage buns
1 16 oz. jar of your favorite Gourmet Firehouse Salsa
Our family recipe uses a Crock-Pot to simmer the brats or Italian sausages. You can use any method you prefer to get them cooked up!
- Slice all of the bell peppers, onions and mushrooms. Place in your Crock-Pot. Add 1 cup of water.
- Layer the brats or Italian sausages on top of the vegetables. Let them simmer for 3-4 hours.
- Once they are finished cooking and fork tender, you can place them on the grill for 5 minutes, or eat them straight from the Crock-Pot.
- Save all of the peppers and onions mix to top off your brat or Italian sausage. Add your favorite salsa from Gourmet Firehouse Salsa. My favorite salsa to pair with this recipe is the Hot Mango Habanero Salsa.
- Take this recipe to the next level with a serving of baked beans warmed up with a few tablespoons of our Mango Habanero Salsa.