8 large jalapeño peppers
8 oz. of cream cheese
1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
4 oz. of Gourmet Firehouse Salsa’s Mandarin Orange salsa in Medium
4 T of chopped scallions
1 tsp of minced garlic
½ tsp of salt
½ tsp of paprika
Olive oil or cooking spray
1. Mix room temperature cream cheese with the shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
2. Add the garlic, scallions, salt, and paprika to the cheese blend and mix.
3. Cut the peppers in half and take the seeds out.
4. Coat the peppers with oil and lightly salt.
5. Fill the peppers with the cheese mixture.
6. Grill the peppers for about 8 minutes (until they are lightly charred and the cheese melts).
7. To oven bake these peppers, cook at 400º F for about 10 minutes, or until the cheese melts.
8. Top the peppers with our Mandarin Orange salsa before or after grilling.
- I used the Medium Mandarin Orange salsa, but the Mild or Hot versions work just as well!
- Prior to stuffing and grilling the peppers, I put them in the microwave for about 1–1½ minutes. They cooked a little faster on the grill by doing this first.