Salmon with Roasted Sweet Potato Glazed with Our Mandarin Orange Salsa
Roast the Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Use a fork to poke a couple holes in each sweet potato.
- Place on a sheet pan and cook.
- Cooking times will vary. Check by pressing a fork into the center. It should come out with no resistance.
- Remove and cool.
- Peel the skins and season to your liking.
Cook the Salmon
- Dry the salmon with a paper towel.
- Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
- Heat a nonstick pan on the stove top with olive oil.
- If using skin-on filets, cook skin side down until skin is crispy,
- Flip and add a tablespoon of butter to the pan and baste until cooked to your preference.
- Place filet on top of roasted sweet potato and finish with a dollop of your favorite variety of Gourmet Firehouse Salsa.