1 lb. of sliced corned beef
¼ lb. of Swiss cheese
4 slices of rye bread
3 Tablespoons of our Mango Habanero Salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
1 small onion
1 small can/jar of sauerkraut
1 Tablespoon of brown sugar
1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 pat of butter
1. Add the drained sauerkraut into a frying pan with the butter, vinegar, brown sugar, and onions shaved thin. Sauté until the mixture starts to brown. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
2. Butter 4 slices of rye bread on one side.
3. Place 2 slices of rye bread, buttered side down, on a skillet or grill.
4. Spread the Mango Habanero Salsa on the bread, followed by the sauerkraut mixture. Top with Swiss cheese.
5. Lay the other 2 slices of rye bread on the Swiss cheese, buttered side up.
6. Cook on medium heat until bread starts to brown. Flip sandwich until the other side is browned.
You could also use my Pineapple Habanero or Mandarin Orange Habanero Salsa for this recipe.