3 pounds of ground beef
1 medium sweet onion
1 green bell pepper
1 red bell pepper
4 jalapeños (add minced habaneros for more heat)
1 minced or crushed garlic clove
2 15 oz. cans of diced tomatoes
3 15 oz. cans of tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can of medium chili beans
1 15 oz. can of light or dark kidney beans
1 tsp. cumin
1 tsp. ground mustard
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp. pepper
2 tsp. paprika
2 Tbsp. sugar
3-4 Tbsp. chili powder
1 jar of Gourmet Firehouse Salsa’s Mango Habanero Salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- Cook ground beef with salt and pepper. Drain any fat and return to the pot.
- Add diced tomatoes and sauce. Simmer on low heat.
- Add the spices and sugar.
- Dice the onion, bell peppers and jalapeños. Add to the pot, followed by the garlic.
- Let the chili simmer for a couple hours, or until the onions and peppers are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Drain the beans and add to the chili to finish.
- Add one or two tablespoons of our Mango Habanero Salsa to each serving. If you would like your chili to be spicy, add our “Hot” variety of the Mango Habanero Salsa.
- Top the bowls of chili with shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream.