Pita pocket bread – 6″ round
3-4 tablespoons of our Pineapple Habanero salsa (Mild, Medium, or Hot)
3-4 ounces of cream cheese
3-4 ounces of shredded pizza-style cheese
1-2 slices of ham
1 small onion
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
- Chop the ham slices and finely slice the onions.
- In a small sauté pan on medium heat, cook the onions and ham with olive oil and butter until light brown.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- Place the cream cheese in a small bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds to soften.
- Add our Pineapple Habanero salsa to the softened cream cheese and blend together.
- Spread the mixture onto pita pocket bread. Sprinkle shredded pizza-style cheese on top.
- Place the ham and onions on top of the cheese, followed by a little more shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350°F degrees for 15 minutes. Place directly on the rack for a crispier crust.