½ lb. of shrimp (cooked or raw)
6 flour tortillas
1 small head of red cabbage
1 small sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
2 green onions
2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
1 jar of Gourmet Firehouse Salsa’s Mandarin Orange Habanero Salsa (Mild, Medium, or Hot)
1 teaspoon of olive oil or vegetable oil
- Finely shred the red cabbage and onion.
- Grate the carrot and thinly slice the red bell pepper.
- Chop the green onions and cilantro.
- Set all ingredients aside separately.
For the sauce:
- Mix 6 tablespoons of salsa with 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- Place the cleaned shrimp in a skillet and use about half of the sauce to sauté the shrimp until fully cooked and the sauce has thickened.
- While that is simmering, lightly oil the flour tortillas with salt on one side.
- With oil and salt side down, brown the tortilla on medium heat until it starts to brown. Flip over and lightly brown the other side.
Time to build your shrimp taco!
- Add all the ingredients onto the tortilla.
- Add a little sauce from the above mix.
- Add the sautéed shrimp on top with a little more sauce.
* Note: This recipe is also great with fish! Our Pineapple Habanero Salsa can be used with these ingredients as well.